Sunday 17 January 2010

twentyten

So here we are a new year, a new project. I have to, amongst other criteria, create a sample to enter a competition or two. I'm looking at the concept of protection particularly within nature. I've been fascinated for a while by an area of land near Norwich airport where the land is divived up by parallel rows of Poplar trees - looks amazingly mysterious when it's misty. Went to take photos today and the sun shone, first time for weeks so didn't get exactly what I wanted but it's a start. Apparently the trees (hundreds of them) were planted many years ago for crop protection. I thought it might have been to form some kind of protection for the landing strips.
I have also been looking at hedges planted to protect the fields and how interesting they look when they re-grow after being trimmed.


No comments:

Post a Comment