Monday 12 September 2011

Autumn already

Well the formal part of my learning is over and now I'm free to make my own choices about what I design and make.

I made some contacts at New Designers and sold some work to Anthropologie. I was also assessed by the Society of Designer Craftsmen and am now a Licentiate which means that I can get some mentoring, sell items through their exhibition and hopefully get accepted as a full member in a couple of years. I am very proud (unlike Groucho Marx) to be a member of a society that had William Morris as a founder member!

Here are the NUCA (Norwich University College of the Arts) exhibitors at New Designers.

The Degree Show at NUCA  was a successful if manic event, and I sold quite a lot of work. My rug was in the window of the Gallery space, see below.




I have been shortlisted for the Knitted Textile Awards and as a result will be exhibiting at The Knitting and Stitching Shows at Alexandra Palace (where I spent many happy days playing and dog walking when I was a child) and Harrogate. It was really hard to find any accommodation in Harrogate that wasn't booked up but I am sorted now.

I have exhibited at a couple of local events and made some new smaller items for these, shown below.


No comments:

Post a Comment